April 22, 2014

personal task importance

I find it quite annoying when people don't respect the tasks you want to do just cause you wanna do them.
For instance if there's some art project you'd like to do and it might require quite a lot of your time and quite a lot of planning, and it's not like this is the one thing you're gonna dedicate the rest of your life to, it's just a thing you want to do, and it might be a thing you tire of doing halfway through, but you still would like to make it cause... you wanna.
Then you explain it all to someone and you might even start doing it and whatnot and it might not be that one only reason you keep living, and it might not be a life changing experience, but you're still doing it, but then there comes this one situation, or multiple of these situations when this one person will tell you "Well, it's only a personal project isn't it? Don't stress it, it's not like you'd need to do it now. It's not that important anyway." 
Excuse me.
How is this a good way of viewing things? First of all you do not seem to respect my interests, wants or hobbies at all, which feels quite shitty of you since you're a person I entrust with information about something that I'm doing, which I don't like to do these days because of people like you, I don't like to inform people of things I'm planning on doing or am already doing before it's done, cause I hate it when people like you come and tell me shit like that. I hate giving out information about stuff I'm doing cause I know I can occasionally be lazy about the things I do, and I don't want to be bashed just cause I've been planning/doing something for a while and not gotten it done. I want you to positively motivate me to continuing, unless I personally find it a complete waste of time and would rather continue with something else, then reassure me it's okay I drop the project, not cause it's an unimportant personal project, but because I don't have to do stuff I don't feel like doing if I can do something that will make me happier, if it's a choice I can make without much effect.
Secondly, how can you find anything you do in life important if personal projects aren't important to you? How can you not find personal projects important?? 
I feel it's quite important to feel that it's okay that you do personal stuff that you wanna do, just because YOU wanna do it, how is life of any importance to yourself if you do not live it for yourself. And I feel it's important that others respect that, so that you wont need to feel as if the things you do in life, cause you want to and you find joy in them, are stupid and unimportant. So that you wont need to feel you're unimportant.

Hope I made some sense, I'm not sure it even makes sense to myself...

I started planning a new layout pic for Orelium.. ! I'm not exactly sure of where I'm going with it, so far I've just laid out some lines and possible colors and possible bg and smth..


-Niko

No comments:

Post a Comment